Her bloggity blog.

Guess I should inform you a little about the most important aspect of my life.

Her name is Rileigh, she's 14 months old and she's a diva. I don't mean Whitney Houston diva, I mean Mariah Carey diva. If she wants it, she wants it now. If she's fussing she wants help now. If she wants ham and cheese it's black forest ham and gouda cheese and "Why couldn't you get that shit right the first time around?"

She is stubborn as hell. She couldn't look or be more like her father if she tried. Thank Bob I still love the man, otherwise there'd be some serious issues with her attitude.

She has every toy you could possibly imagine and she still prefers to get into the pots and pans and be a royal pain in the ass. Tuesday we locked her in her room and tried to force her to play with her toys and that was wildly unsuccessful. She was in her blankets and diapers and Bob knows what else. I've given up completely and clean up after her as she goes. Which she also finds entertaining.

Mommy Life Lesson #387 You're child will do exactly what you don't want them too, repeatedly, just to watch your ears blow steam and your head explode.

Since I work overnights, I, normally, nap after we lay Rileigh down for bed. It's the best 2 hours of sleep I get considering it's dark outside at this time. Stefan woke me up two nights ago (I went to bed earlier) laughing maniacally. I asked him what was up and why he was naked. Rileigh peed all over him. All over him. From their short (read: 5 feet) trip from her room to the bathroom for her bath.

She does whatever she wants 99% of the time. The 1% she doesn't is filled with diaper changes and nose suckers. There was a period of about 2 months where every single time you took her diaper off, something clicked in her evil little mind and she would pee everywhere. Afterwards she'd look up at you like "Dude, what the hell. As if you're incompetence was bad enough, now you've gone and ruined my new changing table."

She's obsessed with our cell phones, mostly because we are. It's our main form of communication since we never see each other so it's imperative that we have them close by at all times for the random, occasional "I love you" or "I'm horny" text. She'll take our phones and wail like a whistling firework if we take them back. We've already given her another cell phone, even if it's charged, she knows the difference and wants our phones. Brat.

But of all the little things that make me go "ARGH!" There is nothing like her screaching wail that occurs roughly every five minutes from the time she gets home from daycare to the time she falls soundly asleep in her room. I don't understand the appeal.

I love my daughter dearly though. I could tell you absolutely everything about her in 5 minutes flat. My sister finds this endearing because I watch my child as intently as I watch my favorite Soap Opera (Days of Our Lives FYI).

She's got about 15 words in her vocabulary, none of which she uses regularly. We're working on that. She's got the attention span of a dung beatle though so it's hard, but we're pressin' on.

Last night we played in her room for about a half hour between bathtime and bedtime (we have a pretty set routine she enjoys thoroughly) and afterwards we got her a bottle of milk (yes, I said BOTTLE. Her new years resolution is no more bottles) and cuddled while watching a bit of TV (hence the ADHD). She relaxed with me with her legs crossed just like mine and I could feel every tiny move and breath she would take. These are the moments I realize I was made to be her mother.

I took in every tiny aspect of her itty bitty body. Jammies, hair, smell, sound, feel. Everything. She always smells like Cucumber/Green Tea body wash and lotion by Huggies.

As she drifted off to sleep she curled up and snuggled me a little closer and I just died inside because I knew I couldn't hold her while she slept or we'd get off the schedule of her soothing herself to sleep in her crib. My last few moments with her she looked up gave me kisses and put her hand on my chest. My heart stopped. All I could think was "this girl is mine and these moments won't last forever". So I let her fall asleep in my arms, not caring about our rigid schedule or what Dada would think when he wouldn't be able to get her down tomorrow night. I just held my little angel and clung for deal life onto the memories that are fading waaay too quickly.

No comments:

Copyright @ Chic Cherub | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger