In Lieu of St. Valentine's Day

I am a horrible baker. I can't bake anything to save my life.

The day I get held up in my house and demanded to bake a batch of chocolate chip cookies or Mr. Gunman will shoot me up execution style will be the day I die--execution style.

I can't bake. I can't do it. Kudos to my mother for stealing all of my baking abilities. That woman can bake the most delicious cake/cookies/bread with her hands tied behind her back, blind folded and with no electric mixer. It's fascinating.

Anytime I try to bake, my all but supportive boyfriend Stefan comically remembers the first time I baked cookies for him. The dough was dry and crumbly--it wouldn't stick together to form balls to put on the pan. I INSISTED that if I just put the batter the refrigerator that it would moisten right up and we'd have cookies in no time. The result? Said batter sat in the refrigerator for 3 weeks, maybe longer, before I realized I probably wasn't going to be making cookies again anytime soon.

Or the time when I got tired and fell asleep in the process of baking the cookies and they were charred so badly to the bottom of the brand new baking pan (With airflow technology!!) that I threw out the cookies--still attached to the pan. I've since earned the title for creating the most durable hockey pucks the Tri-City Hockey league has ever had the delight of using.

I'm just hopeless.

Stefan has challenged me to make cookies for St. Valentine's Day. I told him to pack his things and move out.

My poor daughter will never know the delight of coming home to fresh baked cookies and milk, as I did. Unless Grandma's in town!

Suck it up kid you're stuck with Hy-vee Sugar Cookies!



6 comments:

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

Isn't this why God gave us Pillsbury refrigerated cookie dough? Cut it, bake it, hide the package. Instant Domestic Goddess. :)

Anonymous said...

I was going to say the same thing as Mrs. Jely Belly - those slice and bake cookies aren't too bad. Happy Friday!

Kas said...

Yeah, I thought I had those mastered until yesterday... When I forgot to set the timer.

!!BLAST!!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i actually like to bake... but, i do agree, slice and bake is the way to go :) and if all else fails, buy some and microwave them to warm them :)

Rhea said...

ROFL Baking's supposed to be straight forward and easy. I'm not a huge cook, but I can bake. Especially those cookie dough balls that come all ready to just pop in the oven. lol

I'm part of the SITS Welcome Wagon! I've been a member since last summer, and I've read so many fun blogs and met so many amazing women through SITS. Welcome aboard!

Bramblemoon Farm said...

There is a plus side to not being to bake cookies-- you won't make them all the time and gain 1000 pounds because of eating the dough, then too many freshly baked cookies. Just saying:)

Welcome to SITS!

Copyright @ Chic Cherub | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger