Ridiculously Sober-Although I could go for a Margarita!!!

Thanks to everyone who stopped by my blog within the last week. It was purely coincidence that my most recent blog was my “Who am I” blog. Ironic J

I’ve been visiting an LMHP so I’ve really had to dive in deep to reconnect with myself. She’s challenging my mind in ways I don’t want to be challenged, but overall will make me a mentally healthier individual.

It’s been an exhausting few weeks. Last week I survived on 4 hours or less of sleep a day. I was a literal insomniac and my body was torn down. Luckily I had a three day weekend. It was much, much needed. I went through my house and located areas that needed organizational improvements and focused a lot of my time doing that. Does anyone else find it extremely hard to unwind when something in your house needs to be done? Yeah, me too. But I was just torn apart last week and couldn’t force myself to do anything! I HATE THAT.

So my house is in much better shape. The bathroom was the worst, god I hated it. We live in a small 2 bedroom apartment and the ONLY storage space in the bathroom is under the sink. (Men designed the apartment, clearly). I found an over the toilet space saver a shower curtain/rug and an over the door hanger for towels and such. It’s an AMAZING improvement. We had a microwave stand holding our clean towels before and it was bulky and in the way. Rileigh loved to tear the towels out and throw them all over hell.

We moved the microwave stand into our walk-in closet (that’s basically the storage room for lack of sufficient storage elsewhere) for sheets and extra clothes of Stefan’s. I’m a much saner individual.

ANY STORAGE/ORGANIZATION TIPS ARE APPRECIATED.

I’ve learned that living in a small house means you need to find storage and organization EVERYWHERE you can. I hate clutter. It makes me uneasy. So this is how I’ve come to deal.

My next big thing will be our office area, I’ll upload some pictures when I get home. I need better storage for these items. I also need to go through and get rid of crap I don’t want that I’ve accumulated.

That’s where my efforts are this week. I also hope I’m able to focus on this project.

I’m making sure to read the blogs of everyone who leaves a comment! So… Be fruitful and multiply? LOL. Who knows. But it benefits you to read and comment on my blog. I scratch your back if you scratch mine J

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a bit of of an organizational freak myself. I've had to let it go a little bit now that I share my house with a toddler, but clutter drives me insane.

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i am in desperate need of a good deep cleaning and organizational overhaul in my house. things have piled up for way too long... i wish i had tips, but the only thing i can say is that the longer you let it go the worse it gets!

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

Getting your house cleaned and organized really can make you feel better in general. I am procrastinating until the weather warms up. I don't know why. Oh, yeah, because I'm lazy.

I don't have any tips for organizing a small living space. The only solution we found was to move to a bigger house. :)

Ash said...

Kudos for organizing!!

You're so right - once it is done, you wonder why you didn't do it earlier - you know, other than trying to juggle everything else you your life.

Welcome to SiTS!!! Em

Copyright @ Chic Cherub | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger