Day at the Duck Park!

When I woke up I asked myself... "Self: What would be fun to do today?" It was immediately obvious that getting mauled and stalked by hundreds of geese and ducks who are only interested in you for your buns would be the PERFECT DAY.

So, Rileigh and I had the great pleasure of going to the Duck Park late yesterday afternoon. It’s a wonderful little park, in a quiet part of Grand Island, which has a pond overflowing with geese and ducks! I stopped by the bakery to grab some day old rolls and picked Rileigh up from daycare and went straight to the park.

I was worried she’d be terrified of the ducks. Her Grandma has a few geese on her farm and she isn’t terribly fond of them. And by "isn't terribly fond of them" I mean SCREAMS OF TERROR AND STREAMS OF TEARS until the beasts go away! But that was 6weeks ago. Alot happens in 6 weeks! Luckily for me, she LOVED it. She understood that they’d get close when she threw them the bits of bread and followed them around squealing! It was adorable. She wound up eating the bread herself after about 20 minutes throughly enjoying the look on the ducks' faces as she took another delectable morsel and put it in her mouth. I'd certainly say she's a product of me.

It WAS cute the way she ate the bread. I’ve never known her to really eat bread. She’s never interested in toast or peanut butter and jelly. She always throws the bread on the ground, no doubt testing the theory that bread always lands butter side down--my little scientist girl. It was a treat for me and I let her munch away.

She was fussy as anything once we got home. NOTHING satisfied her. I was going out of my mind trying to calm her down! She was a total spitfire—very demanding and very pushy!

Stefan was under the weather because he had dental work done that morning but he helped where he could. He made a wonderful dinner of Chicken and Rice… But really wasn’t in the mood to help with Rileigh and I couldn’t blame him. I didn’t want to deal with her either!

And the icing on the cake would be my daycare provider calling me at 230 am (an hour ago) to tell me her husband is in the ER for an emergency appendectomy! So the roles got reversed. I’m watching her daughter tomorrow. It’s going to be a loooooong day. Her little Lauren is a doll though; Rileigh will enjoy having someone to play with.

I’ll let you know how it goes!









1 comment:

Copyright @ Chic Cherub | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger