The doctor says...

I suppose it’s time to update about my health. I’m not really sure what to say… I’m not dying… Or at least my doctor doesn’t think so! Which is good news.

The ultrasound of my abdomen was clear. They’re worried I can feel my organs (I can feel more than just that one now) but all they’re doing is putting me on a high protein/caloric diet and hope I gain weight. If not I’m supposed to go back in 3 weeks. I’m currently on week 2 of my 170 grams of protein diet. Do you have any idea how hard it is to eat 170 grams of protein.

I’m literally STUFFED all day long. I’m trying to eat healthy… So I’ll eat like chicken breast, cashews, almonds, yogurt, whole milk, string cheese, oranges, apples. I’m also drinking Ensure Plus and protein enhanced water. It’s STILL HARD to get 170 grams of protein in a day! I literally have to make sure everything I eat has 3g of protein or more per serving. Otherwise I won’t make it.

I didn’t weigh myself at the end of last week, but I will on Friday (I need to buy a scale) and see how much I’ve gained. I was 130 at my appointment. OH WAIT! At the hotel this weekend I weight myself on their scale and it said 129. (The scales like at the Dr.’s office.) 129! That is SUCH CRAP.

I refuse to start working out until I’m at least 140-145… It’ll be my reward for finally gaining a decent amount of weight. I’ve never had issues with my weight. I’ve always been able to gain/lose when I’ve wanted.

Everyone keeps telling me to get a third opinion. Truthfully I’m sick and tired of doctors. I’m going to try this first and then go if I need to.

I really like my Gyno and trust his opinion so I’m going to talk to him during my bi-yearly… I’ve always got issues in that department so more than likely I’ll get an appointment or two from my checkup. (That would be thanks to a high-risk HPV strain.) UGH.

1 comment:

said...

I am so glad to hear this. You know what's right as far as whether you need another opinion.

Copyright @ Chic Cherub | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger