Writer's Workshop 3/19/2009

The Prompt:
I used to think...



I used to think that people who looked down on me for being an unwed mother were right. They were right to think I was a whore because I wasn’t married and was obviously pregnant. Now, I could care less. Now I think that their own insecurities make them point their noses up at unwed mothers.

I used to think that The Bible was just another Novel. That Jesus may have been a person and he may have been God’s son, but God did not create the Earth in 7 days.

I used to think my friend Nathan was a stand up guy until we got into a religion conversation and he told me E-Free and Berean churches shouldn’t be Christian because they’re “slacker” type churches. They’re aren’t true churches and they aren’t true Religion. They’re too modern and they’re ideals and values don’t adhere to those in The Bible. Now I think he’s just like the dozens of other close-minded, on-their-soap-box type Catholics I’ve met.

I used to think ALL Catholics were like that. But I’ve meet so many good Catholics out there!

I used to think I’d go to college, get married and then have children. But I guess that’s what everyone thinks.

I used to think I was better than the people who drank and did drugs in High School. I used to think I was keeping up with the smart kids by taking the same classes and joining the same sports. Now I realize I was a stuck-up wannabe jerk that only a few people truly understood.

I used to think that brand names were important, that the price tag and the store you bought from were important. Now I know comfort, fit and cut are what truly matter!

I used to think I had too many responsibilities (in high school) . I laugh at that person now!


I guess growing up has taught and shown me a lot of things. Of course I can’t consider myself entirely grown up. I’ve got a ways to go. But compared to other couples/people my age, I’m doing really well. I may not have finished college and I may not be married. But I’m happy. I’ve got good friends and great family! I’m really learning where happiness comes from! I think the true test of my maturity will come on my wedding day and whether or not I decide to smear cake all over Stefan’s face or not… Even though we both agreed we wouldn’t do it!



No comments:

Copyright @ Chic Cherub | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger