Learning my ABC's---again.

I've seen this around a few blogs... I was tempted to do my own. I'm warning you--it's horrible. But it was a huge challenge and I had fun doing it.

Another night stuck here at work.
Business as usual-I'm going berserk!
Can't leave early-no end in sight,
Don't you know it's gonna be a long night!
Everything is silent and everyone is still.
Free to do anything-so much time to kill.
Got othing to do, nothing to say,
Have my notebook and pen much like every day.
I usually find ways to pass the time.
Just like tonight, tryin' to make this thing rhyme!
Kinda difficult if I must confess
Lovein' every minute of it-trying my best!
My paper is curling and it's bugging me!
Now I've turned the page-no need to worry!
Only a few more lines to write...
Probably should go grab a bite...
Quit writing this silly peom here.
Rather, I've noticed, I've switched a gear...
Sometimes I wonder if it's ADHD
That causes me to switch ideas so suddenly!
"Unique" is another way to describe it,
Various things probably won't make this poem a hit.
With every line I'm nearer to the end.
Xylophone-is that cheating or a rule bend?
You'll probably think this poem is crap,
ZEBRA CAKES! (I don't care, cause this is a wrap!!!)

And... I might mention ZEBRA CAKES is what I decided to snack on... That's why it made it's way into my poem.. That and I had no idea which word to use for the letter "Z"...

Ha, it was fun though! Now I challenge YOU! If you decide to take me up on my challenge, leave me a comment so I can read yours!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I struggle with those things.

Good work.

KatBouska said...

Those are not easy, but they sure are fun to read...and now I'm craving zebra cakes. Thanks for that.

Tiffany said...

Good job with the poem. I'm terrible at ryhming things and I can never remember how to spell the word either.

Michelle said...

That wasn't horrible at all........but what is a zebra cake?? :)

Copyright @ Chic Cherub | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger