My Secret Relaxation Device.

Lisa, at “Just Lisa, No Filler” wrote about housecleaning today… Which reminded me of a morning I had a few weeks ago that I felt I needed to share.

Working the graveyards and wanting to be able to spend time with my family, has left me very little choice other than to sleep all day. Normally when I come home, the house is a mess and all I want to do is clean while nobody is there and I can’t. It’s frustrating!

This particular morning, I’d had a rather stressful night at work. I just wanted to go home and lay in bed, shut my eyes and dream about fluffy clouds and rainbows and pink ponies. Stefan and I had spent a fair amount of time cleaning that week and the house was looking pretty darn good, if I do say. But I was entirely unprepared for the shock I would feel upon entering my home.

It smelled fantastic. It was dark, there were candles lit. It was clean. The floor was clean, Rileigh’s clothes were put away, the TV was off, the computer was off. The dishes were put away. NOTHING needed to be done. I turned on my computer, opened up ITunes and played some Aretha… I shut off every light I could find and I crashed on the floor in our “office”. It was the most amazing feeling.

Our house is so much hustle and bustle all the time. The TVs in both rooms are always going. The lights are rarely off. SOMEONE is always making nose. The computer is always on. There is just never any real down time.

So this was a treat of the most magnificent kind. Unintentional. I had the house to myself. I had it the way I wanted it. It smelled delicious. I could unwind and really be myself. I hadn’t felt that good since I lived on my own in college.

Almost makes me miss having a place of my own. Almost. I wouldn’t give Stefan and Rileigh up for the world. Having a morning like that once or twice a month would do just fine!

No comments:

Copyright @ Chic Cherub | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger